Rain poured from the heavens saturating our parched desert the other night. With delight we flung open the door and stood transfixed on the patio, rejoicing at the refreshing blessing. Plants covered in the dirt and grime of summer's dust and heat were washed clean. Mini lakes quickly formed at the edge of the patio as the earth gasped to gulp in the water.
|Monsoon Raindrops Gushing Down from the Patio|
Water, that brings life to the desert, touches the life within us, easing away the dirt and grime from stress, hard-working days, cares not carried to the Lord, hopes and disappointments of parenthood, the mysterious future. Washed away with the Lord's caressing rain. At last. Refreshment.
130) for monsoon rains and other blessings, I give thanks today.
131) for God being our God for ever and ever, guiding us even to the end (Psalm 48:14 NIV)
132) for our oldest's pursuit of a job
133) for a schedule of several upcoming recruitment jobs at the university
134) for a friend editing one of my writing pieces for submission
135) for an invitation to help with the newcomer's ministry at church
136) for online friendships and emails from friends
137) for our new camera
138) for how much everyone enjoyed our photos from Carmel
139) for the Lord's real presence in Communion
140) for overcast monsoon summer days that cool the heat off this desert
141) for our young men still at home
142) for a God-meeting that may work into an internship for the youngest
143) for a job interview with the local school district
144) for a connection set up by You with someone who may be able to find a permanent job for me
145) for inspiring the cover letter for another job
146) for Hubby's (WOW!) when he read the cover letter (he only speaks Minnesotan--"yea, that's good"
147) for your grace, Lord, to endure the numerous application processes involved in finding a job
148) for all the friends and coworkers who blessed me with letters of reference
149) for our women's Bible Study that concluded with joy, laughter, sharing from the heart.
150) for the heart-shaped wooden spoon my Hubby bought for me
"Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." Psalm 50:14&15 NIV
What thank offerings have you lifted up to the Lord recently?
Linking with the Gratitude Community at Holy Experience
Labels: Christian Inspiration, Creation, Faith, Gratitude Community