Love~The Word


His Creation Reflects His Love--squint and you'll see a heart
"Let them give thanks to the Lord 
for his unfailing love 
and his wonderful deeds for men," 
Psalm 107:8 NIV (and recurring throughout the Psalm)  
  
     The word kept ringing in my ears. It was shouted from the rooftops and whispered from the pastor's podium. It was tucked in every encouraging note that slipped across my table. It was spoken as wisdom from those closest to me and even given with a wink from a young man who swam in competitions with my son when they were kids.

     How could I possibly ignore IT? God had written it in the clouds last year as a heart-shaped form of fluffy, white puffs floating across a blue sky. He was assuring me of His love in a most dramatic way while keeping me focused on the fact that my HOPE was in Him alone.

These were clouds in a different spot and now I see a heart pattern


     Last year the Lord was teaching me that He is worthy of my hope and trust. That He is faithful to meet my every need in His time. That every longing of my heart is to be fulfilled in Him. This year, He is calling me to focus on

LOVE

     At first, I thought He desired me to follow the Christians' call to "Love One Another." And I was prepared to decorate my bathroom wall with a poster declaring 1 Corinthians 13:3-8 with a special emphasis on verse 5. Not easily angered. Keeps no record of wrongs. 

    My heart has been storing up hurts and wrongs for too long. Jesus whispers softly to the deepest wound within me that He wants to heal those hurts.(click to tweet) He alone stores the healing balm for my heart and soul.

Can you find a heart?

     In the quiet time, I flipped through my Scripture cards and the Word that swept peace across my heart came from Psalm 59:16.

     "But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble." 

     It was then I knew that this year would be one of drawing me closer to experiencing and knowing in my deepest being the measure of His love as well as being a vessel of that love to others. For how can I live LOVE--the love of Corinthians without first being filled with His love? (click to tweet)

     Warmth seeped into my soul. All striving ceased. How much easier to rest in His work than creating my own.

     "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:29 NIV

     Where is Jesus calling you this year? In which area does He want to give you rest while He works in you?


 
From My Heart to Yours,
Linking with Spiritual Sundays, Sunday Stillness, Scripture and a Snapshot, the Sunday Community, Still Saturday, Weekend Brew, Hear it on Sunday Use it on Monday, Monday Musings

Labels: , , , , , , , ,