Angels All Around

     
     A special friend stopped by today. Unexpectedly. In her hand, she held a Christmas present meant just for us writers. Pencils standing at attention with their points poking up encircled a fashionable holder.
     Kindred spirits we are. I felt the bond of friendship deepening.Where could she find such a perfect gift? She casually mentioned that it just happened--"while looking in and out of the shops." I imagined her strolling the aisles, poking in those cutesy boutique shops, and suddenly finding this unique pencil holder.
     The discovery would have taken away my breath.

     Then I turned back the wrapping inside the pencil holder. Inside were chocolate delights and behold--an angel. A nightlight angel to see me through the dark hours. An angel watching over me. The meaning was not lost on us. The Lord had knitted our hearts together over one of those unplanned deep conversations where each one discovers how much they have in common in the buried recesses of hurt hearts.
     An angel watching over me. Yes I need one. Just like the angels watching over shepherds in the fields tending their sheep that night so long ago.

     "An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.  This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
      "Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests.'" Luke 2:8-20 NIV

     Angels, the messengers of God, sent to be by our side, to light and guard to rule and guide (taken from the Prayer to Your Guardian Angel, author unknown).

     It reminds me of the chorus to Amy Grant's song, 
"Angels"

      "Angels watching over me every move I make
Angels watching over me
Angels watching over me every step I take
Angels watching over me." 

copyrighted by  Word Music/Bases Loaded Music/Meadowgreen Music 1983


     When I see my nightlight angel, abundant peace will flood my soul. I will remember the angels watching over the shepherds and feel the glory of God appearing to them at the birth of Jesus, and their presence at my side. 

  CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS 

 
From My Heart to Yours,

Labels: , , , , ,