Heart to Heart He Speaks


      I've heard His voice while pouring out my pleas, the desires pounding deep within my heart, the prayers crying out for the one who has walked away. He has whispered to my spirit while I've knelt before the altar. His voice has been heard through friends' wise counsel.
     It's time to turn my heart toward Him. To forsake all others who have been the center of my attention, the desire of my mother-heart.
     I have said, "yes," yet my will has railed against the change in my focus. I've thrown temper tantrums, demanding the desires of my heart. I've wept from rejection, the insecurity of not knowing, the lies that have choked me with insidious accusations. They've invaded my mind declaring that I don't believe or I would trust God and let go.
     Yet, God has faithfully rescued this limp child of His and placed my feet back on His path. I have not arrived dear sisters in Christ, but God is leading me. He's calling me to: "Come Back to Him with all of my heart." Words taken from the song called "Hosea" by the Weston Priory Monks. It was one of those first songs I heard when the Lord came into my heart so many years ago. We heard it last Sunday in church.

(To enjoy the music of the Weston Priory Monks, please turn off my playlist at the bottom right of the blog by clicking on the speaker symbol to mute it.)

video
Video by Hubby, Photos mostly by me

HOSEA(c)
by Gregory Norbet
Weston Priory Monks

Come back to me with all your heart
Don't let fear keep us apart
 Trees do bend, though straight and tall 
So must we to others' call


Long have I waited for
Your coming home to me
And living deeply our new life


The wilderness will lead you
To your heart where I will speak
Integrity and justice
With tenderness 
You shall know


Long have I waited for 
Your coming home to me
And living deeply our new life


You shall sleep secure with peace
Faithfulness will be your joy


Long have I waited for 
Your coming home to me 
And living deeply our new life(c)


     "One thing god has spoken, two things have I heard: that You, O God, are strong, and that You, O Lord, are loving." Psalm 62:11&12 NIV

From My Heart to Yours,

Linking with Spiritual Sundays and Scripture and a Snapshot

Sundays spent with HIM

Labels: , , , ,