He Forgets Us Not


The real Alaska State Flower--the Forget-Me-Not
Embarrassed in blue because the pretty white flower I had featured here originally is a dogwood. Not the Alaskan Forget-Me-Not. However, it is still a wildflower and you can find it here. This photo was taken by asseabird, courtesy of Flicker Commons License.
         
     Blanketing the state of Alaska in riotous colors of pink, blue, and white are the perennial Alpine Forget-Me-Nots. Named the state flower of Alaska, these wildflowers cover slopes and mountainous meadows promising to spread their glory every year.
     This reminds me of another flower~the Rose of Sharon, the Lily of the Valley~the one who has promised to never leave us or forsake us. He is with us always. He blankets us with His love and is as close as our every breath. His Spirit lives within us and He covers us under His wings. His name, Jesus Christ, is the official flower of our State of Grace. We are citizens of the Christian nation.

     "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?  Though she may forget, I will NOT FORGET YOU! See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;" Isaiah 49:15-16a NIV

     "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5b NIV

     How have you experienced his love to "Forget-You-Not?"

From My Heart To Yours,
Janis

Linking with Scripture and a Snapshot



Labels: ,