Bearing Ripe Fresh Fruit

      I'm surrounded by friends who have been ministering for the Lord for years. Teaching Bible Studies, hosting home groups, holding Christian financial series in their home, mentoring young women, working with pregnancy centers, or serving across the seas in Uganda or Europe on short-term mission trips. However, my life has not been that full of defined consistent ministry.
     Oh, I've taught some Sunday school classes, had a neighborhood Bible Study meet in our dining room for a short while, and even considered my assistant teaching position at a Christian school, years ago, a form of ministry. I also wrote and edited a newsletter for our Christian community some 20 years ago.
     However, in the last 10 years, I cannot see where defined Christian ministry has been an active part of my life. Being a wife and mother and working outside of the home has occupied the majority of my time. Yes, serving as a wife and mother qualify as ministries but my heart did not grasp it to the degree required of the task.
     So, I was bothered when I read a devotional on Psalm 92. It said that we will keep producing fruit in our old age. But what if I haven't been producing it thus far--or at least not in the way and to the extent that I thought would qualify?  It seemed like I had missed the boat and time had run out for me.
     Then I looked more closely at Psalm 92 and found encouragement for this time in my life even though I am feeling old and decrepit at times. Our young men are moving on with their lives and I am working in a job that provides a nice summer break along with short seasonal breaks. This could provide the ideal time for Hubby and me to move into more active ministry and see the fulfillment of Psalm 92 in our lives.
     For those of you who may be in the same boat as I am, I pray you find these words encouraging:

      "The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,  they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God.
     "They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, 'The Lord is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in Him.'" Psalm 92:12-15 NIV

     Wherever you are in life, are you finding a ministry that is producing fresh fruit?

From My Heart to Yours,



Linking with Spiritual Sunday and
Scripture and a Snapshot



Sundays spent with HIM




Labels: , , ,