"You are my lamp, O Lord; : 2 Samuel 22:29
   
     I was looking through a little inspirational book called "Giving Thanks for Little Things" when I found the perfect poem to encourage me in present trials.

He Keeps Me Going

It's God that keeps me going
When my world just falls apart;
It's He who lifts my spirit
When I grow faint in my heart.

His love always sustains me
In my trials and distress;
I don't think I could make it
Without God, I must confess.

It's not my cup He fills up--
It's the bucket that I bring.
It's not a song He gives me--
It's a symphony to sing.

It's not a lamp He offers--
It's a floodlight as I walk.
It's not a voice that whispers--
But a heart-to-heart heard-talk.


It's not just showers of blessings
Teeming riches does He give;
It's God that keeps me going
Every moment that I live.
by
Betty Purser Patten

"You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light." 2 Samuel 22:29 NIV

Is the Lord shining His light into any darkness you might have today?


From My Heart to Yours,

 Be sure to catch my GIVEAWAY, noted on the sidebar. Today is the LAST DAY to be entered in the drawing.

Linking with Spiritual Sundays
and
Scripture and a Snapshot




Sundays spent with HIM




Labels: , , ,