Seeing Through His Eyes

    
     I have the privilege of working with a visually-impaired student. This second grader is full of life and joy. He wears an ear-to-ear smile every day, and hardly anything gets him down.
     Together we're learning Braille--although he has a couple of years on me. And we read books through a monitor that enlarges the print on the page to the point where it becomes clear to him. We drill through math facts and tackle the second grade spelling list. Most of the time, his eyes dance with a positive, can-do attitude.



     He spreads crayon colors across an art project and carefully wields a scissor with the best of them.
     Only once have I heard him question his disability~although he may moan or groan about the extra effort it takes to produce regular classroom.
     Working with him has given me a new perception. A new vision for how I see things. I'm learning to see life through his eyes.
      As the eyes of my attitude take on a new perception, I pray that the eyes of my spirit may be renewed as well. That I may see the ways of the Lord with clearer vision.

     "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness." Matthew 6:22 & 23 NIV

     The Lord has given this little one great eyesight. (Proverbs 20:12)


     How is your vision? Where is your focus?


From My Heart to Yours,

Linking with Word Filled Wednesday at the Internet Cafe. Click on the button below to see some other inspiring words.

Also linking with High Calling Focus Photoplay, part of The High Calling organization.





Labels: , ,