Music provided the backdrop as people gathered in a parking lot to bring light where there once was horror and dark. Songs of hope and encouragement filled the air where gun shots had rung out earlier this month. Words of prayer and comfort brought hope and healing to this still grieving community.
Holy words straight from God's only book were spoken in this public place for all ears to hear. The air was electrified with the presence of the Lord. And a hush in each one's heart brought reverent silence to this hallowed ground.
Where evil and dark once walked, now God and Light shined forth. The darkness was expelled. The Light rushed in filling the void. And heaven kissed earth. Kissed each broken soul and held each head bowed low.
To be part of this gathering was sacred. A foretaste of the gentle Shepherd wiping away every tear. My heart was full to bursting while I walked the crowd capturing this moment of change.
My heart is grateful to the Lord this week:
417) for the gathering of community in hope and healing for Tucson
418) for a free country where we can still worship God, pray to Him, and read His word in a public
419) for the friend who challenged me to help capture this event pictorially
420) for the privilege of being part of a church congregation that helped sponsor this
421) for a time of restoration with a face I knew among the crowd
422) for seeing people whose lives had intertwined with mine in different areas during the last 17
years, and for the warmth and kindness still abiding
423) for life taking on order in our home, sons, father, mother building as one
424) for the opportunity to keep working with my visually impaired second grader through the
rest of the school year
425) for sweet, home-squeezed orange juice
426) for homemade split pea and ham soup
427) for Christian brothers and sisters who pray for me when I'm sick
428) for the chance to help 9 students at our school get new shoes and socks through the generosity
of a local business
429) for friends to pray with, some who like to play, some who have serious endeavors to share, and
some to just sip tea with
430) for journaling more of my heart with the Lord and waiting for answers
I know I've quoted this Scripture before but it seems appropriate for our community:
"If my people, who are called by name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked was, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place." 2 Chronicles 7:14 & 15 NIV
What is causing your heart to burst with Thanksgiving this day?
From My Heart to Yours,
Giving thanks with the Gratitude Community on Multitude Mondays at Ann Voskamp's. Be sure to check out her new book that is already a treasure: One Thousand Gifts
Also stopping by with friends at L.L.'s "On, In, and Around Mondays"
Labels: Christian Inspiration, Encouragement, Faith, Gratitude Community, News, On In and Around on Mondays