Amy's Fruit Salad Pudding with a Twist

    
   
     When I worked at a Christian School in California, the teachers had the most delicious recipes that they all shared.  I incorporated many of them into my holiday baking, sweet delights and Hors D'Oeuvres'. This year for Thanksgiving, I made a fruit salad pudding from one of the teachers who is also a friend of mine. I call it Amy's Fruit Salad Pudding.
     However, I decided to add an extra touch of heaven that fluffs up the fruit salad. Coconut and mini marshmallows. The light and fruity taste contrasted nicely with the heavier taste of turkey, mashed potatoes, and broccoli crumb casserole. (Next week's Food on Fridays post.) The guys gobbled it down, so I made another creamy bowl for our fun "Leftover Dinner" with our friends.  Again it was a big hit and the recipe has been requested far and wide.
     So, I thought some of my readers might also like to have a taste of this whipped up side dish that could brighten your holiday meals.

Amy's Fruit Salad Pudding with a Twist

1 large pkg. lemon INSTANT pudding
1 large pkg. vanilla INSTANT pudding
20 oz. can of crushed pineapple in its own juice
20 oz cam of chunk pineapple in its own juice
small can mandarin oranges (drained)
8 oz Cool Whip
1 cup of coconut
3 handfuls of Kraft mini marshmallows

Mix puddings, pineapples and juice from both cans plus the drained oranges all together. Let set in refrigerator for one hour. Then place the coconut and marshmallows on top of the salad, folding them in. Then fold in the Cool Whip. 
Set overnight. Serves a lot.

Hope your holidays are filled with the joy of Jesus and the love of family and friends.



From My Heart to Yours,

Linking with Food on Fridays



Labels: ,