Believing What God Says About Me

Janis in her majorette boots
      
     "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13&14 NIV

     Accepting God's word on this matter has never been easy for me. I can find numerous traits about myself I do not like (wearing majorette boots was not one of them). Not to mention those imperfections in my appearance that I would change if I could. And I think there are others who probably feel the same way.
     However, yesterday while I was reading a devotional, this Scripture was highlighted. Significant, I thought, considering that today is my birthday. The Spirit touched my heart and rearranged my thinking on a few issues. "Significant" was the title of the devotion in Our Daily Bread which set me straight about those kinks in my personality. The writer, Cindy Hess Kasper, said "We were created in the image of God, and He has designed us and been involved in every detail of our life since before we were born."
     Her words impacted me even though I know that is what the embellished words of Scripture say. I contemplated their meaning in my life. His intricate handiwork in the forming of my being became evident. He had a purpose in the way He made me. He had someone specific in mind. With His hands He wove and molded my being with His artistic flare.
     Underneath this smudged up earthen vessel lies a treasure--a treasure that God made. And I plan to let Him develop and reveal it as I humbly submit to His design.  I hope I'm not too old for Him to accomplish it.
     Of course, His design will have to include those majorette boots I'm proudly displaying in the picture above. They never come off!
     Today, the gift of who God made me to be is the one simple treasure I unwrap.

From My Heart to Yours,



 Linking up with Tuesdays Unwrapped 
tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Labels: , ,