He Delights in You

           "He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me." Psalm 18:19; 2 Samuel 22:20 NLT

     What a humbling thought! The Lord of the universe delights in us. He delights in every detail of our lives because we are His (Psalm 37.23).
     What a gracious God! He created us to share His love. We disobeyed Him. He died to save us. We rejected Him. He reached down and rescued us. We stumble and falter. He pulls us out of the muck and mire.
     By His grace, we put our hope in His unfailing love. He directs our steps.
     He delights in us because we are His.
     Be filled with awe and praise as we meditate on Him rejoicing over us with joyful songs (Zephaniah 3:17).

     Where have you found safety provided by the Lord? How did He rescue you?

     In worshiping the Lord on a Sunday morning in Church, I was especially moved by the song, "Rescue", written by Jared Anderson and produced by Integrity in 2003. I hope this will bless you as much as it did me.

From My Heart to Yours,

Rescue by Desperation Band


Lyrics
You are the source of life 
I can't be left behind 
No one else will do 
I will take hold of You  
I need You Jesus, I need You Jesus  

My heart is Yours for life I need 
Your hand in mine 
No one else will do 
Lord I put my trust in You   
I need You Jesus to come to my rescue Where else can I go? 
There's no other Name by which I am saved 
Capture me with grace I will follow You  

My heart is Yours for life I need 
Your hand in mine 
No one else will do 
Lord I put my trust in You  
This world has nothing for me (I will follow You)

Linking up with Word Filled Wednesday at the Internet Cafe Devotions



Labels: , ,