Reflections of His Glory

    
     "From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3 NIV

     I hopped in the car to make a quick trip to the grocery store when drifting clouds caught my eye.  Instinctively I wanted to reach for my camera. The one I left at home.  It was only a short trip to the market.  Why did I need my camera?  However, the Lord's paintbrush and easel are busy this time of year in Arizona.     
     Coasting down the hill, the arch of a colorful rainbow peeked between the trees.  Around the corner, the rainbow split horizontally with dark clouds separating the arch into two pieces.  Awestruck, I stared at the colorful strokes brushed across the sky.
     I pulled into a parking place and climbed out of the van.  Puddles still fresh from the summer shower reflected blurred images as I strode by.  But the people passing me were absorbed in their errands, eyes down or flickering to and fro as they searched for their vehicles in the parking lot.  Conversations continued as shoppers, oblivious to the marvelous painting above, carried their brim-full plastic bundles to their cars.
     How could anyone miss the mystical colors holding a promise of hope or ignore the earthy smell of rain- kissed earth?
     Bewildered, I entered the market full of joy that bubbled from within.  Quickly, I pushed the shopping cart up and down the aisles gathering a few items for the evening meal.  As I emerged from the store, the colors of a baby-down sunset breathed its pastel shades across the heavenly expanse.  Regret washed over me for leaving the camera at home.  Quickly I punched in speed dial for home on my cell phone.  Hubby answered, and I said, "Grab the camera and shoot straight up."
     The colors of the Lord's easel were captured on the lens for me to see when I returned home. Soft pinks rushing into fiery orange and gold reflected the clouds that had stretched above the desert on the drive home.
     Praise His name for the heavens display His glory.

What takes your breathe away and fills you with Praise for the name of the Lord?   

Linking with Word Filled Wednesday at the Internet Cafe



Labels: , , ,