Pulled Taut

Goggle Image by Chidrencherished.com
         It's been a week of waiting, and trusting, and hoping in the Lord.  Waiting to see His plan and purpose unfold for my life.  For the past few weeks I have been working as a special education teaching assisting for a local elementary school.  My days have been filled with the wonder of children learning, the frustrations of children struggling, and the joy of being in their midst to help them along the way.
     I've floated from class to class like the carefree clouds drifting across the September sky.  Flexible was the key word as I moved from kindergarten to first grade, back to another kindergarten class, over to read with the fifth graders, then down to PE, music, or art.  I thrive on flexibility because I like variety and spontaneity.
Photo from Google Images

     While "Flexible" meant change in my day to me, it did not imply a major change was ahead.  I could continue to float around campus as needed with a heart full of joy because there was a solid foundation--a guaranteed job--upon which this flexibility was built.  However, when the foundation began crumbling, the foreboding presence of a permanent change was not welcomed in my spontaneous world. 
     Somethings do not fit under flexible or floating.  Having to leave my job because of the lack of funding and a change in my duties was not a joy-filled experience.  I learned just how far my flexibility would go before I was stretched thin like a rubber band pulled over a too-wide package.
     I fell on my knees before the Only Foundation guaranteed not to crumble, my Lord Jesus.  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  In this changing world, I can afford to be flexible because I know He is there to direct my meanderings along the path. 
     Because of His grace and the caring staff with whom I work, I have grace to work for at least one more week.  I'm resting with that in the Lord.  He knows the plans He has for me.  And they are plans for my good.
For this, I give thanks this week.

     Lord, thank you for all the blessings you have provided this week and the way you have revealed yourself through circumstances in my life~
     210) for the love and hugs from those little precious children I'm blessed to work with
     211) for the caring staff and teachers with whom I work
     212) for another week of work 
     213) for the incredible clouds You have made that drift across this Arizona sky



     214) for sweet fellowship at church
     215) for the new Bible Study at church covering some Old Testament books
     216) for our family gathering for prayer
     217) for the energy to clean house
     218) for the Oldest barbecuing yummy steaks
     219) for times of celebration--the Oldest's grades
     220) for the frolicking time of puppy-sitting for a friend's newly rescued dog

Chip, our dog, checks out the puppy



"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8 NIV

Do you like flexibility or predictability?  Have you found that Jesus is the one true foundation that never crumbles?

Linking up with the Gratitude Community at Ann Voskamp's Holy Experience
holy experience





                         

Labels: , ,