Today's workshop assignment involved coming up with 10 new post ideas that we could spin off of a previous post. Scribbling circles around my paper, the center of this balloon fest focused on today's post that I wrote: Prayer--A Gift From God. Looking like a chemistry explanation, the center exploded with ideas for 10 new posts. Because I am not adept at technical stuff (and my kids all disappeared when they heard, "Help me with my blog"), I will just list my ideas:
This exercise helped me to see how new ideas can arise from old posts. However, more importantly for me, it created the idea of how to build a series out of one post. Not every topic will be as willing to produce new circles as the topic of Prayer. But now I have a place for all of my hot air--inside the balloon circles.
- How are we to pray? A list post
- Spiritual Journaling
- How other authors approach prayer
- I really don't know much about prayer
- When God answered "yes" to one of my prayers
- A Prayer still waiting to be answered
- What happens when God says, "no"
- The answer to a prayer that made no sense
- Thoughts from an article on prayer
- The faith, prayer, obedience, and blessing connection
Labels: Blogging Workshop